Friday, July 1, 2016

Five Best Things in Paris


Been a while since I've posted on here, or even moved over my old pieces, but I am working it out and will get better. The most exciting thing to happen to me occurred last weekend though and I could not wait to share it with all of you:

I WENT TO PARIS!!!

For anyone that followed me on my old site, I have been dreaming of going to Paris for as long as I can remember. I have been waiting since OCTOBER, when I got to Germany to finally make it to my dream city. 

The wait is over and I am so excited to share with y'all my five favorite things from our trip for this week's Five on Friday. Starting next week I will also publish a series of posts recapping our fantastic trip. 

So...


 
The Eiffel Tower

Our last night in Paris we went to Pont Alexandre III, for the most beautiful views of the Seine and Eiffel Tower. Those moments that will stick with you for life? Seeing the Eiffel Tower and the bridge slowly light up and Paris start to glow; one for memory books.



Sacré Cœur

The highest point in all of Paris and the views to prove it. We did not make it inside this breath taking church this trip, but when we come back - and we will be back soon enough - going inside and to the top of the domes is a must. Let me just say, pictures though beautiful pale in comparison to seeing this in person. It will leave anyone speechless.

First of many sights that began me quoting Monte Carlo (2011) many times during this trip. A personal favorite, that I can watch a thousand times more and never tire of.



Ladurée Champs Elysées

I don't know if there is any dessert more iconic than the French Macaron, especially those that come from the famous house of Ladurée. These were so delicious we actually went back a second time to get more to bring home. James is so in love with their Salted Carmel Macaron and I am all about the Vanilla. The most amazing sweet treat to have while in Paris. Thankfully they deliver world wide so you know I will be placing an order for even more.


Château de Versailles

Though not in Paris, a trip to this gorgeous palace was most essential for us. So much history that effected not only France, but the world has happened here. The beauty and vastness of the palace and its grounds is staggering. We spent five or six hours here and still did not see every property, fountain, and garden. Another must see again location and I cannot wait for it.

On a side note being here made me really want to watch The Three Musketeers and Marie Antoinette (2001 and 2006 respectively).



Monet's Water Lilies

If I had to choose just one artist it would be Monet. Growing up my parents had a very large oil painting replicating one of his works that hung in the living room. If I had to pin point a moment when I become obsessed with France it would be that painting or Beauty and the Beast (1991). Either way seeing the Water Lily Rooms at Musée de l'Orangerie, was a highlight of my trip. These two massive rooms, were so quiet and serine it was as if you were actually on his property in Giverny - that will hopefully happen on trip two. Truly stunning works of art, that should not be missed.

Seeing Paris was everything I had dreamed it would be and more. Be sure to follow and come back on Tuesday for more photos and a recap of our first day in Paris.

Enjoy the your Friday and weekend!!!

A Little Bit of Everything

A. Liz Adventures

Cup of Tea

Farmer's Wife

Life in Leggings

Meet at the Barre

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful adventure! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful!!! I'm already trying to plan when we can go back lol. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you got to see Paris! It is such a beautiful city! Before I went I was kind of worried it was going to be a little overrated and wasn't going to live up to the high expectations I had for it. But I was SO wrong! It really is such a great city! I can't wait until I can go back someday. Lyon is also a really cool city if you ever get the chance to go there. It's not very touristy but still has lots of great French charm.
    And I really want to visit Château de Versailles! We didn't get the chance to do that when we visited last year, hopefully next time!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyon and the Loire Valley are both on my France list. Along with some of the small towns that boarder Germany and of course the Riviera. Hopefully we are here long enough to see it all. Yes the next time you go to Paris, make a stop at Versailles. We are already planning on coming back to see more of it and to explore the town. It just looked so charming.

      Have a great weekend!!! xoxo

      Delete

I love reading and replying to comments so don't be shy. I look forward to hearing from y'all.

XOXO