Saturday, July 16, 2016

Summertime in Heidelberg


After our time in Mörsdorf, we made our way down to Heidelberg to experience one of their three major firework shows this summer. 

Every year this little town, basks it's castle ruins in flame like lighting to commemorate the sacking of the town by Louis XIV. After which the fireworks begin recalling just over 400 years ago when Friedrich V brought his lovely new bride from England back to Germany. 

Can you imagine? Your anniversary is still celebrated 400 years later... So romantic.


Heidelberg will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first place we ever went once I arrived here in Germany. I was so excited to come back and get to see it again in the summertime and experience such a historic event for them.


How can you not fall in love with that view?


These people had the best spot for firework viewing no doubt.






Of course another stop at the lovely Kornmarkt. This was my favorite place on our first visit. Not as many people as the main square and adorable architecture.




I take it back THEY have the best spot to watch the fireworks.


Our first castle tour... Don't you just love this place?


Before the show we decided to stop for dinner. Off the main area is this wonderful Irish pub. The food was amazing. Easily one of the best burgers I have had recently. I really wanted the full breakfast, but hey maybe next time.


Blurry, but you can get an idea of the deliciousness and size.


Most of the photos didn't come out well, but I though this one had something special about it so I had to share it.

We had a fantastic time exploring two awesome sights within Germany with new friends.

Illumination, we will see you again next summer.

If you missed the first half of our Saturday, you find it HERE.

For more on Heidelberg, you can go HERE.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place, and so cool that it has a special significance for you. Sign me up to live in that stone house with a view - what a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and replying to comments so don't be shy. I look forward to hearing from y'all.

XOXO