Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Shrimp Scampi

 

Before I left for Germany, I watched The Chew on ABC, religiously. I would DVR it for watching convince. One day they were making a scampi dish and this is when I learned Shrimp Scampi has been a LIE. Red Lobster I am calling you out!!! Ready to have your mind blown? Take a guess as to what scampi means. Go on… Ok here it goes… The definition of scampi is the term given to shrimp when it is cooked!!! I’ll say it again: Scampi = COOKED SHRIMP!!! Yes it also adds cooked in butter and garlic and often times white wine but COME ON. Ok my rant is over. I hope I have enlightened at least one person today.


Ingredients (made for two people with no leftovers)


1/2 pound of shrimp
1 Tbsp of olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped garlic cloves or 1 Tbsp of garlic powder
3/4 of a cup white wine
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 of a tsp of Italian seasoning
4 Tbsp of butter
A handful of parsley leaves
1/4 of a cup of Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions


Heat the oil in a pan
Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side (will be pink when done)
Remove the shrimp onto a plate and allow it rest
Heat your garlic for 2 minutes (do not allow your fresh garlic to burn it will alter the taste)
Add in the wine and lemon juice (it will create a lot of steam so be careful)
Cook till it is reduced by half
Add in the Italian seasoning
Reduce your heat before adding the butter (if it is too hot the butter will separate)
After the butter is melted add your shrimp back to the pan along with the parsley and cheese
Salt and pepper to your taste
Stir everything around to blend and coat the shrimp
Serve over pasta for a main dish or on toasted bread as an appetizer
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading and replying to comments so don't be shy. I look forward to hearing from y'all.

XOXO